Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Kim's block!

Kim's block finally arrived with Susan's work on it. The picture at the center is that of her mother and the beaded lace piece and pleated flounce came  from Kim's wedding veil. It is a very special block and Susan has added so much to it to make it really unique
I thought about what I should do to continue to complement what had already been done. I decided to stick to the same colours, but introduce a little red since it is such an auspicious colour in India. I have never used beads or lace before, but decided to try to keep the continuity. So here is the finished piece

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brinda. I like the pink lace you used diagonally and across from the pink flowers. It looks as though you've repeated the pattern of the leaves on the wedding lace in the material above it, and it looks very effective.
    Your leaves and branches in the upper left corner repeats the branches on the upper right corner, and your lace flowers reflect the flowers Kim created in the lower right. I think you've carried on with the theme and colors beautifully, and I can only imagine it looking even better in person.

    ReplyDelete