Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

RR continues!


Suz's block finally arrived. I was so delighted that it hadn't got lost like her earlier one! The block was in pinks and Suz said she wanted garden visitors! I pondered on this for quite a long time and then decided to create a magic garden! I think it was all the pinks in the block that made me think of magic! I have used crochet a lot! I spent some time on the net looking at flowers of different kinds and visualizing how I would crochet them.  

I started by making the silver flowers and then the blue one with the yellow center. 

I made bright yellow buttercups and embroidered on the white flowers with a simple lazydazy stitch and the clear bead as a center. 


Since the theme was garden visitors,  I made a purple butterfly and the snails with a golden fleck! Its all Magic!!!





I added beads to embelish my work and add to the picture. I normally work on my patchwork only with a variety of stitches, and this is the first time that I have used beads, lace and crochet! 
So this is how the block looks now before I send it on to Kim to do her bit and then send it back to Suzi to complete!

6 comments:

  1. I love it, Brinda! Everything you've added it so special, and fits the theme perfectly! I can't wait to see it in real. Thank you so much!
    Hugs from Suz

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and creative, Brinda! Am enjoying visiting your blog and will be back...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Suz and Shirin! Its wonderful when friends look and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely cq block...good to visit your blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so beautiful! really inspiring me to do more, though i don't think i can be even half as creative.

    ReplyDelete