Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Another log cabin cushion

Nafisa wanted a new cushion cover for her new home and took a fancy to the one I had made for the IMQG Jan challenge! So I made it again, this time with strips cut from my printed scraps! Both Nafisa and I are delighted with it! I read about using a dark and a light side, so chose the fabrics accordingly! I finished with green stitching as it was visible and added a nice touch to the cushion, besides ensuring it was properly attached to the lining fabric!

I read that this block started with the Amish. The square block in the center was normally a dark one to represent the hearth or fireplace in a home surrounded by wooden logs, hence its called the log cabin.

2 comments:

  1. So effective with the light and dark, Brinda. No wonder Nafisa is so pleased--it's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitches are very neat Brinda. Its lovely!

    ReplyDelete